State Approving Agency - SAA
The State Approving Agency (SAA) is responsible for the review, evaluation, approval, and oversight of schools and training facilities to ensure state and federal quality criteria are met for veterans using their G.I. Bill® funds. SAA's also assist the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) in preventing fraud, waste, and abuse in the administration of the G.I. Bill®.
The SAA evaluates and approves specific educational programs at the following for use of veterans' education and training benefits:
- Public and private accredited degree-granting institutions
- Public and private non-college degree (certificate) institutions, accredited or non-accredited
- Flight schools
- Apprenticeship sites
- On-the-job training (OJT) sites
Institutions currently approved by the Arizona SAA must maintain approval. Information on submitting an application for approval is located below.
The Arizona SAA's goal is to ensure these programs meet minimum quality standards and comply with all federal and state laws and regulations. Additional responsibilities include:
- Conducting on-site compliance visits to educational institutions and training organizations with approved programs of study.
- Promote and safeguard quality education and training programs for veterans.
- Providing technical assistance with applications for approval.
- Assist the VA in preventing fraud, waste, and abuse in the administration of the GI Bill®.
Submitting an Application for Approval:
Institutions submitting for approval must utilize the application approved by the Arizona SAA. Currently approved intuitions must submit an approval before the current approval has expired, or if there has been a material change to the current approval. Before submitting for approval, contact the Arizona SAA to ensure that you obtain the most current application forms and documents.
To obtain a current application for approval, or for any approval related questions:
Please email your request to: [email protected]
To view programs approved for veterans education benefits click on the link below: