Requesting Assistance from the Military Family Relief Fund
The Arizona Military Family Relief Fund (MFRF) was established by the Arizona Legislature in 2007 to provide financial assistance to the families of currently deployed service members and Post-9/11 Military and Veteran Families for hardships caused by the service member’s deployment after September 11, 2001.
Service Members and Veterans discharged under honorable conditions who meet all of the following criteria may be eligible for financial assistance
- Claimed Arizona as home of record OR
- Member of Arizona National Guard at time of deployment OR
- Deployed from an Arizona military installation
For veterans: must demonstrate that a deployment caused their current financial hardship
For family members of a service member: must demonstrate that a financial hardship is due to the service member’s current deployment
For surviving families: service member or Veteran died or was wounded in the line of duty and family members need financial assistance with travel and living expenses
(If a widow, widower or dependent child of a deceased service member is applying for financial assistance, the
service member must have died in the line of duty in a combat zone or a zone where the person was receiving
hazardous duty pay)
Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, but are subject to change. The applications are due by 4:00pm on the cut-off date, if the applications are received after the aforementioned time, they will be considered during the following month’s advisory committee meeting.
***Applicants are allowed to submit a one-time emergency request, which will be considered upon receipt***
- MFRF Arizona State Statute 41-608.04 - about the statute
- MFRF Donation Information - how to donate
- MFRF Application for Financial Assistance - application form
- EXAMPLE: Completed MFRF Application for Financial Assistance - example completed form
- MFRF Program Response Survey - let us know how we're doing
MFRF Advisory Committee & Application Processing
- MFRF Meetings are tentatively held every 3rd Tuesday of the month.
- MFRF Advisory Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes are available online.
- Applications are due the Friday before the scheduled meeting at 12:00pm.
- Late applications will NOT be considered until the following month’s MFRF Advisory Committee Meeting.
- Once an application is approved, checks are issued within 5-10 business days and will be mailed out to vendors by ADVS on behalf of the applicant.
MFRF Emergency Committee
- The Emergency Committee will do a one-time review of an application to provide an expedited response to emergent financial needs.
- Emergency funds can only be used once, any future applications will be reviewed by the full MFRF Advisory Committee.
- The MFRF Emergency Committee has 5 business days to vote on all submitted applications.
- Once an Emergency application is approved, checks are issued within 5-10 business days and will be mailed out to vendors by ADVS on behalf of the applicant.