Requesting Assistance from the Military Family Relief Fund
What is the Arizona Military Family Relief Fund?
The Arizona Military Family Relief Fund (MFRF) was established by the Arizona Legislature in 2007 to provide financial assistance to the families of currently deployed Service Members and post-9/11 Military and Veteran Families for hardships caused by the Service Member’s deployment to a combat zone after September 11th, 2001.
Applicants must have an honorable or general discharge, and a home of record of Arizona, or have been stationed at and deployed from an Arizona military installation to qualify. Assistance from the Arizona Military Family Relief Fund is determined by the MFRF Advisory Committee, which is comprised of twelve members appointed by the Governor as well as the Deputy Director of the Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services (ADVS). One-time emergency financial assistance is available for first-time applicants through the MFRF Emergency Committee, which is comprised of five of the Advisory Committee members.
Important MFRF Links
- MFRF Arizona State Statute 41-608.04 - about the statute
- MFRF Donation Information - how to donate
- MFRF Application for Financial Assistance - application form
- MFRF Application for Financial Assistance SAMPLE - sample completed application form
- MFRF Program Response Survey - let us know how we're doing
MFRF Advisory Committee & Application Processing
- MFRF Meetings (posted on website calendar) are tentatively held every 3rd Tuesday of the month.
- MFRF Advisory Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes are available online.
- Applications are due the Friday before the scheduled meeting at 12:00pm.
- Late applications will NOT be considered until the following month’s MFRF Advisory Committee Meeting.
- Once an application is approved, checks are issued within 5-10 business days and will be mailed out to vendors by ADVS on behalf of the applicant.
MFRF Emergency Committee
- The Emergency Committee will do a one-time review of an application to provide an expedited response to emergent financial needs.
- Emergency funds can only be used once, any future applications will be reviewed by the full MFRF Advisory Committee.
- The MFRF Emergency Committee has 5 business days to vote on all submitted applications.
- Once an Emergency application is approved, checks are issued within 5-10 business days and will be mailed out to vendors by ADVS on behalf of the applicant.